Posted on: 1st.July.2021
Many people like crystal chandelier because it is elegant and bright. Nowadays, you will find crystal chandeliers are widely used in hotels, villas, churches, restaurants, home decoration, etc. Although the crystal chandelier is beautiful, how to maintain its beauty and brilliance is a problem that everyone cares about.
Let’s look at this guide, you will have some idea about how to clean your crystal chandelier.
Preparation before cleaning
First of all, the most important thing is to ensure that the power is turned off.
Then you need to take photos of the crystal chandelier, record the location of the different crystals and how to install them.
It would be great if you still keep the installation instructions for the crystal chandelier. Reassembling the crystal chandelier after cleaning is a key step.
No special cleaning materials are needed when cleaning the crystal chandelier. You only need the following simple materials and tools.
- Cloth gloves
- Lint-free cloth
- Thick towel
- Spray bottle
- Recipe: 1 part isopropyl alcohol & 4 parts distilled water
- Method 1: Simple way to clean crystal chandelier
This cleaning method is suitable for crystal chandeliers with a light dust.
- Before cleaning, please wear gloves and place a thick towel under the crystal chandelier to prevent crystals from falling during the cleaning process and causing damage.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of one part isopropyl alcohol and four parts distilled water and place it in a spray bottle.
- Spray a small amount of the solution on a lint-free cloth. Then wipe the crystal or glass with a damp cloth.
Clean the crystal chandelier and be careful not to pull any crystals excessively. If you don’t want to damage any suspension components.
- Method 2: Deep clean your crystal chandelier
If your crystal chandelier has not been cleaned for a long time, you need to clean it more thoroughly. A more thorough cleaning method is to remove the crystals for cleaning.
- As with the first method, you need to lay a thick towel under the crystal chandelier in case you accidentally drop one of the crystals.
- Next, remove the crystals from the chandelier, put the removed crystal on a thick towel.
- Then clean the frame of the crystal chandelier with a damp cloth.
- Prepare a basin of cleaning solution and put the removed crystals into the basin. Use a lint-free cloth to remove all dust and dirt. Wash repeatedly until it is clean.
- Use gloves or a clean cloth to dry the crystals.
- Finally, hang the crystal back to its original position. In this process, part, please wear gloves to prevent fingerprints.
- The deep cleaning method requires taking pictures of the crystal chandelier before cleaning to ensure that you can put the crystal back in place after cleaning. This step has been completed in preparation for work.
- Do not spray the cleaning liquid directly on the chandelier frame. It may damage the finish on the chandelier stand.
- Since you have removed all the crystals, this is an excellent opportunity for maintenance and inspection of the crystal chandelier.
To sum up
- Regarding how often you need to clean the crystal chandelier. It all depends on your geographic location and where the chandelier hangs in your home. The best way is to clean the crystal chandelier when it starts to look tarnished.
- If your crystal chandelier has a complicated design or is too large to clean by yourself, please contact a professional person for cleaning the crystal chandelier. This is the best way to ensure safety and efficiency.
Through the above method of cleaning the crystal chandelier, you can make your crystal chandelier look new. When you know how to properly clean your crystal chandelier, you can be confident that it will bring long-lasting brilliance to your life.
Thank you for reading. Hope this guide can help you solve some problems of cleaning crystal chandeliers.